You are here
Analyst Programmer/System Support
- Support analyst
- Good team player
About Our Client
In addition to the above the Analyst Programmer/System Support will:
- Administer, support and help develop enterprise applications used by my client e.g. FireTrax, SharePoint, BizTalk, SQL Based Systems, Pronto XI, bespoke applications, etc.
- Participate in projects to enhance existing applications or introduce new applications.
- Work with software vendors to resolve application problems and implement enhancements.
- Assist in soliciting and analysing the impact of legislative and regulatory changes on current IT systems and processes.
In summary, the Analyst Programmer/System Support works with other members of the Application Services team to provide quality application support and development services for all current and future business IT applications.
Under the guidance of the Application Services Manager analyze current business processes to identify areas for improvement in application usage.
Conduct business systems analysis, design, data modelling, process flow modelling, and process reengineering.
Provide advice to customers and help develop their understanding of technical solutions to ensure informed decisions are made.
Process and Technology:
Assist with the development of functional and technical designs and an associated list of components to support Application Services practices.
Assist with the development and maintenance of operational, technical and functional documentation to enable effective Support practices.
Develop reports and documents for existing and future business processes and business rules.
Assist with the development, implementation and improvement of IT&T processes (such as ITIL/ITSM processes) relevant to the My client group.
Develop and execute system and acceptance test scripts and procedures.
Adhere to company policies and procedures.
Development and Support:
Provide ongoing technical support of business applications to ensure issues are resolved to the businesses satisfaction.
Cut code, triggers, screens, menus, stored procedures, data extractions, data conversions, etc
Create SQL Server scripts to produce items such as reports, ad-hoc data queries and perform updates to the production system.
Support the BizTalk enterprise application integration system
Liaise with third party vendors to report system bugs / issues, request system changes / modifications, and to clarify queries relating to system functionality.
Provide technical support and analysis to the project team where required.
Conduct root cause analysis on system issues that impact the business.
Assist with identify trends relating to system problems and implement appropriate solutions. Design and implement new or improved business processes for existing systems. Review new / modified system designs and functions, and compare the differences between existing and new system changes.
Monitor, maintain and fix system administration tasks (e.g. integrities, backups, scheduled batch jobs, etc) ensuring they are completed on a regular basis.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Application Services Manager.
Planning and Reporting:
Report on activities and achievements.
Keep informed and up-to-date with competitive advantage opportunities relevant to My client and ways in which our applications can be better utilised to take advantage of these opportunities.
Contribute to a central knowledge management framework.
Record all activity in the ITSM tool.
Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Identify opportunities for improvement.
Volunteer to assist in team development activities.
The Successful Applicant
A degree in Computer Science, Business Studies, or Engineering discipline with specific studies in Information Technology is desirable, but not essential.
5 years' experience working in a similar Analyst Programmer/System Support role.
- Well-developed skills in C#, .Net, ASPX.
- Well developed skills in associated database programming languages such as PL/SQL, TSQL etc.
- BizTalk 2008 system administration experience.
- SharePoint 2010 system administration experience.
- Back end Server side SQL Server, Data Modelling using SQL Server 2008 (SSIS, SSRS)
- Excellent customer service focus.
- Must possess the ability to work with all levels within the organisation as well as business partners.
- Fundamental understanding of business processes and practises as well as a flexible work acumen.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills. Effective trouble-shooter.
- Ability to prioritise and demonstrate effective time management.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) - especially the ability to evaluate and explain business impacts of various application and integration technologies.
- Well developed skills in the use of MS desktop applications Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Experience with mobile field data applications used in the service industry
- Knowledge of Windows CE and Android operating systems
- Understanding of network topology specifically an exposure to 3G systems and protocols.
- Experience using the Pronto XI ERP system
- Pronto system administration and/or 4GL programming experience
- Experience in translating business requirements into system designs.
- A good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge and experience in business systems applications including data modelling.
- ITIL knowledge and experience.
- An understanding of the Fire industry.
- Experience in Call Centre, Business Systems, Field, and Customer services operations.
- Quality focus and orientation.
What's on Offer
Specific position requirements:
The position holder will be part of a team located in Sydney. Our Fire customers rely on us to protect themselves and their properties; as such we need to react to internal business systems issues very quickly. The position holder will be required to assist in problem resolution outside of normal working hours. This will require the incumbent to be contactable from time to time outside of normal operating hours.