You are here
ANZ Finance Manager
- Ideally chartered background to Manager or AM, then industry
- SOX & US GAAP experience essential
About Our Client
Our client is a NYSE listed leading medical device and associated services company based in the USA, with operations across the globe. A strategic expansion into Australia has seen an exciting new position arise for a Finance Manager to lead this growth, set up process and procedure, recruit a team and lead best practice for the region.
Reporting into the APAC Finance Director you will have strategic support but also the opportunity to shape and direct the Australian business. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial and general accounting functions; customer service; third-party logistics management and management reporting.
Financial responsibilities include credit and collections, payroll, tax, corporate financial reporting, and other general accounting responsibilities. You will be responsible for business analyses, preparation of budgets and forecasts and will play a supporting role in performing due diligence for potential acquisitions and future growth.
You will also be a play a lead in commercially supporting business growth initiatives policies that align with the company and be responsible for training and developing people to meet the needs of the business and our customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and ensuring timely and accurate preparation of monthly corporate financial statements. This includes preparation and review of month-end journal entries, account reconciliations, revenue/gross margin/expense fluctuation analysis.
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place and in use at all times
- Support tax functions; collect and provide information to calculate the quarterly tax provisions and year end returns. Responsible for tax planning and management of tax compliance for all ANZ entities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Work with local accounting and Customer Service teams in conjunction with Corporate to ensure continued improvement of process and system features.
- Responsible for annual strategic planning and budgeting processes including establishing assumptions, spreadsheet modeling, analysis and presentation preparation.
- Prepare required quarterly/annual SEC support reports and other regulatory agency filings.
- Recruit and manage Finance and Customer Service staff which is in line with good organisational practice.
- Engage in third-party logistics (3PL) including contracting, inventory management, distribution, etc.
- Responsible for ongoing performance management, annual performance reviews, coaching, training and development of staff
- Assist in documentation of policies and procedures as per SOX requirement to ensure SOX compliance.
- Involve in application support and administration for Hyperion and ERP system including solution development, process improvement, issues resolution, reports and query development.
- Maintain accurate transfer pricing information and ensure billing activity is in compliance with Transfer Pricing purposes and is fully reconciled.
The Successful Applicant
CA/CPA qualified, you will have previous experience working in a best practice organisation with experience in commercially driving a business and partnering with non-financial stakeholders.
Ideally we are looking for a chartered background Manager or Assistant Manager, then 2-5 years of Industry experience so you can bring both technical and commercial experience to this role.
You will be technically proficient and an outstanding communicator who has a demonstrated track record of stakeholder management. You will be adaptable, energetic and will thrive in an environment of business set-up, process implementation, team build and be a self starter.
Inter-personally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Clear, precise communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyse and present data
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the organisation
- A hands-on person with a keen eye for detail and team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiatives, prioritise work, handle pressure and take day-to-day decisions on the running of the organisation
What's on Offer
An opportunity to take your strong technical Financial Management and Commercial experience from a best practice organisation and apply this to a global company who is looking to set up in Melbourne.
Salary commensurate with experience, we are looking for a leader who wants to see recognition for the hard work they put in and build a regional office around them, a truly unique experience.