You are here
Assistant Accountant - 12 month contract
- Assistant Accountant
- 12 month fixed term contract
About Our Client
With over 30 years experience in the Australian civil and construction market, our client provides high quality construction and civil services on both a residential and commercial scale, in both regional and remote areas.
Reporting into the Finance Manager and working in a Finance team of 5, the successful candidate will be responsible for indirectly managing an employee in Accounts Receivable and supporting the core Finance function. Experience or understanding in the following duties is necessary to be considered for the role:
- Accounts Receivable and an understanding of Accounts Payable
- Month end management including managing the fixed asset register
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Dealing with financially related issues with suppliers and customers
- Experience with Xero is highly regarded
- Ad hoc duties and a willingness to develop and learn on the job
The Successful Applicant
Our client is ideally looking for a candidate who is currently studying their CPA and who has been in a similar role for at least 2 years. This role may also require the successful candidate to work autonomously at certain times of the year, and therefore a proactive attitude and the ability to use initiative is essential.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be warmly welcomed into a vibrant and dynamic culture with a rewarding social program and competitive salary. Based on both performance and the position of the business, this candidate may also be offered an extension or permanent employment.