You are here
This position is now filled
Associate Director (Cloud Services) - North Coast
- Exciting opportunity for an IT Professional
- Attractive package and exceptional superannuation
About Our Client
The organisation is a regionally based, globally networked University that attracts staff nationally and internationally. It is a university renowned for the quality of its student experience and the experience of its research specialisations. The University, through its 10 Schools, various Directorates and Outreach Centres, services approximately 22,000 students (4,000 internal and 18,000 external).
The Associate Director (Cloud Infrastructure Services) is responsible for a range of IT-related functions including the development, support and maintenance of the hardware and software environment, network and server infrastructure strategy and planning, data communications, telecommunications systems, capacity planning and monitoring and testing and evaluating systems. To achieve this the incumbent manages and provides effective leadership to a team of staff involved in the provision of these activities.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, implement, evaluate, monitor and maintain the University's critical Infrastructure, operating systems and networks to ensure the organisation meets industry best practice standards and enables the University to achieve its strategic direction.
- Lead and manage the staff of the Cloud Infrastructure Services area, spanning a range of technical services, encouraging open communications between all areas and fostering the achievement of strategic goals.
- Manage the development, support and maintenance of the University's hardware and software environment including capacity planning and monitoring, strategic planning and licensing of software.
- Manage the development and ongoing delivery of telecommunications systems, network and server infrastructure and data communications.
- Ensure all systems are tested and evaluated and problems are resolved as quickly as possible to minimise disruptions to the delivery of service; identifying areas for process improvement.
- Partner with the University's Heads of Schools and Directors to enhance current systems and develop new services and strategies to better support their needs.
- Manage the budget and financial control aspects of the Cloud Infrastructure Services area.
- Review, develop, maintain and implement policies related to the operation and management of Infrastructure Services.
- Contribute to the successful ongoing operation of the IT Directorate by supporting an environment conducive to ongoing learning, training, continual review, improvement, quality assurance and professional growth.
- Ensure knowledge of the Rules, Policies and Procedures of the University (available on the University website) is maintained and abide by them as they are amended, varied or replaced from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be able to show:
- Postgraduate qualifications and relevant experience in an IT environment at a senior level or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and training.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current information technology industry trends and demonstrated ability to integrate relevant technologies into an organisation's critical business processes in a planned, cost effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to research, adapt and apply emerging cloud technologies and standards and to understand the broader implications of such technology for the University.
- Proven expertise in the supervision, management and strategic planning of significant human, financial and material resources.
- Proven capacity to think strategically, be innovative and to develop long term plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated significant experience in undertaking major projects to their successful completion with an emphasis on change implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to build solid working relationships at all levels.
What's on Offer
The position reports to the Director - Information Technology and operates under their open direction. The position operates with a high degree of independence and autonomy; requires the application of sound judgement, tact and innovation, and the development of relationships with senior staff across the University to achieve the desired outcomes. The position has line management responsibility of employees in Cloud and Infrastructure Services.
Number of staff reporting to position: 10
The client offers an amazing $145k to $150K base salary +17% superannuation for a 5-year Fixed-Term contract.