You are here
This position is now filled
BI Business Analyst (2 positions)
- 6-month contract for an experience BI BA
- Working within a highly-regarded Government organisation
About Our Client
Building on the existing set of reporting and information requirements from existing systems and the Corporate Information Warehouse, the Business Analyst will work with business stakeholders to refine the dashboard, reporting and forms requirements, identify priorities, and define the business and counting rules that drive the capturing and analysis of data for 2 projects. Working as part of the Program team, the Business Analyst will work with the architecture, business, development, and data migration teams to document the information requirements and functional behaviour for implement dashboards, reports and forms. The Business Analyst will have proven experience in the development of reporting and information requirements, working with business stakeholders to define those requirements, and implementing the requirements within the chosen technology platform. Reporting directly to the Project Manager - Reporting or Program Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual, with proven success in a Business Analyst role, to be instrumental in the development of dashboards, reports and forms for a new system.
The role and responsibilities are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values, customer promise, strategic priorities, performance goals, delegations, policies, procedures and operations systems of the organisation, and in line with the Code of Conduct and the Capabilities required to perform this role competently.
The accountabilities outlined below indicate the scope of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically stated in this description:
- Provide data analysis experience to the project; explain data concepts, offer insights on proven design options, help direct the dashboard, reporting and forms implementation through the documentation of solution design standards.
- Design, document and refine with business stakeholders the dashboard, reporting and forms requirements, the associated business and counting rules, and mapping to the underlying data model. Maintain a data dictionary of data elements and data sets required for reporting and forms generation.
- Map and identify gaps if any between the dashboard, reporting and form requirements and the Logical Data Model.
- Document the dashboard, reports and forms design for 2 subject areas, including business rules, acceptance criteria, and overall functional behaviour to meet business needs.
- Develop the dashboards, reports, and forms using the Salesforce.com reporting tools.
The Successful Applicant
Required qualifications and experience
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks, learn new skills, and work with multiple teams in support of a software development program.
- Must be technical with the ability to communicate complex ideas to business stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with multiple simultaneous stakeholders, projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, both written and presentational.
- Proven experience in complex business and workflow requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, set own priorities and manage time effectively.
o Strong background in child protection, including an understanding of the current business processes, practices and policy.
o Government, Human Services experience, preferably within this program.
o Foundation in Business Intelligence and data analysis with systems development
lifecycle (SDLC), experience, including requirements analysis, design, and test
o Experience with Business Intelligence / Reporting / Forms technologies such as Oracle OBIEE.
o Salesforce.com experience or working knowledge.
o Experience in modelling business processes and / or information using the ARIS business process tool.
What's on Offer
On offer is a 6 to 12 months contract with an attractive rate for the right candidate.