You are here
- Join an exciting team environment within the Building Approvals department
- Competitive Remuneration Package
About Our Client
Our client is a medium sized organisation and has a great reputation for providing an excellent level of service as well as a supportive and collaborative working environment.
This role will include:
- Ensure all building applications comply with all relevant Acts, Codes and Standards.
- Work with the Building team to ensure the efficient organisation of the Building Approvals Section to include the processing of Building Permit Applications and Certificates within strict time frames.
- Manage building control activities within a specified geographical area, issuing Certificates of Construction and Building Compliance, Occupancy Permits and Building Approval Certificates.
- Provide key advice to external stakeholders and represent the Coordinator of Building Approvals in meetings with building practitioners and ratepayers.
- Maintain new legislation and procedural documentation.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application the following is essential:
- A high level of written and verbal communication as well as the ability to work in a team.
- Strong negotiation skills and problem solving ability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Building Regulations, Building Code of Australia, the Building Act, Australian Standards and Residential Planning Codes.
- Level 1 or Level 2 Building Surveyor (as recognised in WA).
- Accredited Building Surveyor or degree in Building Surveying.
- Current WA "C" Class Driving License.
What's on Offer
Working alongside an enthusiastic group within a developing organisation, this role offers an excellent remuneration package with added benefits, including travel allowance and easily accessible location.