You are here
Business Development Executive
About Our Client
This role sits within a market-leading brand who have experienced tremendous growth and are looking to add a proven Business development professional to their winning team.
The main focus of the role is to:
- Identify target accounts in the local area
- Develop procedures for staying informed of activities and developments in the local area which could lead to the establishment of key accounts eg subscribing to newsletters, reading local press, attending regular local community events.
- Develop deep knowledge of the brand's products, and identify and act on opportunities to promote locally.
- Contribute to the development of the Business Plan with the Franchise Manager and Franchise Relationship Manager.
- Establish call cycles and schedule face to face meetings with target and key accounts.
- Arrange sites inspections with key decision makers of target accounts.
- Prepare clear, logical presentations appropriate to target audience and utilising appropriate information technology and other aids.
- Deliver presentations incorporating effective public speaking techniques.
- Make sales calls appointments in advance where appropriate.
- Make sales calls according to agreed call cycles and the Sales Activity and Promotional Plan.
- Adopt appropriate selling techniques to maximise sales and performance against budget.
- Build relationships with target and key accounts through effective interpersonal communication, including identifying how account representatives prefer to work eg face to face /email contact and frequency.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in sales, marketing or another business discipline
- Qualifications in hospitality, travel or tourism would be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a sales or account management position in a business to business environment
- Experience in the hospitality, travel or tourism industries is essential
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- High degree of self-motivation, drive and initiative
- Passion for sales
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Maturity to work unsupervised
- Collaborative approach to working with others
- An ability to work calmly when under pressure
What's on Offer
This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate to grow their career with a true market leading brand.