You are here
Business Development Manager - Transport
- Opportunity to join global transport business
- Results focused company culture
About Our Client
Our client is the Asian region's leading provider of integrated logistics services, employing over 30,000 staff, generating annual revenue in the billions and operating an extensive network of sites throughout countries across the world. Our client continues to experience exceptional growth locally and internationally and seek to recruit professional & passionate people who are keen to see their career grow with the business.
The key Responsibilities will include:
- Prospect new business customers and implement clear strategies for pipeline development and margin retention.
- Ensure achievement of overall revenue and margin targets;
- Prepare a sales plan to illustrate where new business will be prospected.
- Maximise customer profitability and generate new opportunities
- Conduct handover procedure for new customers to an Account Manager
- Provide weekly reports on outreach calls, quotes or tenders submitted, new business secured, and denied opportunities.
- Develop strong working relationships with all levels of the business inc. operational staff and drivers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidates will posses the following:
- Proven achievements in winning new business within the transport industry
- Significant practical experience working in a client facing, senior sales / business development roles;
- Proven track record delivering to / exceeding target and securing large scale commercial deals;
- Ability to establish and build strong business relationships internally and externally
- High level selling and negotiation skills to influence and drive new business
- Strong analytically and solid presentation skills
What's on Offer
A competitive salary package comprising a strong base salary $70,000 - $80,000, superannuation, motor vehicle allowance $15,000 , plus a competitive incentive is on offer for the right candidate.