You are here
Business Development Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Work for an industry leader, with a highly attractive commission structure
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of fire warning and detection systems to the industrial, commercial, government and resources sector globally. They have developed strong relationships with many of the key players within these industries, and work with a collaborative approach to emergency services management. With an extensive, innovative product range, and highly knowledgeable staff they are able to offer solutions to meet their client's specific needs. The successful candidate will be hired with the view of being fast-tracked into a State Sales Manager position.
As the Sydney based BDM you will be responsible for managing the NSW region, which will include:
- Strong network within Building Services with owners, end users and Facility Managers
- Experience selling Fire preventative maintenance/service contracts (recurring monthly revenue) for commercial buildings/facilities.
- Identifying and capitalising on new business opportunities, with a focus on the industrial and commercial sectors
- Prepare and implement a regional sales plan to grow the business year on year.
- Respond to incoming tender opportunities including but not exclusive to completing site surveys, estimation and preparation of the proposal document
- Achieving and reporting on agreed sales targets
- Developing strong, profitable relationships Involvement in strategic planning
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will posses the following attributes:
- Proven sales and business development experience in the sales of service / maintenance contracts, be that in the fire security, electrical security, facilities maintenance, property management industries
- Proven track record in the successful provision of service contracts Existing relationships throughout the designated region
- A background in dealing with any of the following sectors; Commercial Construction, Infrastructure, Industrial, Transport, Mining & Resources, Defence, Health or Government
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel to regional locations at least 1 week each month
- A current drivers license
What's on Offer
Our client is offering the successful candidate an opportunity to develop their sales career with a globally recognised company. You will receive an attractive remuneration package based on experience which includes a company vehicle, tools of trade, lucrative sales incentives and ongoing product training.