You are here
Business Development Manager
- Work for a major player in FMCG
- Business development manager opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is an established brand, who specialise in selling fresh produce to the Australian market. A newly created position has arisen for a Business Development Manager to focus on the sales of their product to the Foodservice, Hotel, Restaurants, Cafes (HoReCa), and medium sized QSR Channels.
The key focus for the role is to identify new markets and customer opportunities for the organisation as well as identify NPD opportunities in collaboration with the Product Development, Category Management, Operations and Marketing team.
You will be expected to develop strategies for both short term and long term brand growth, expanding into new Foodservice, Hotel, Restaurants, Cafes (HoReCa), and medium sized QSR Channels outside of the main streamline clientèle, and identify opportunities in current accounts and work with Business managers to implement strategy.
You will be required to drive new business aggressively, set KPI's with National Sales Manager and strive to meet / surpass them, get out in front of clients, provide weekly results and performance vs budgets and in particular report weekly on new business developed and update on growth.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have a combination of the following experience;
- Strong understanding of working in FMCG, specifically selling fresh produce, and in particular to Foodservice
- Previous experience selling premium products
- A true hunter mentality - a thirst for new business development and acquiring new sales
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong stakeholder management skills dealing with cross discipline counterparts as well as external clients
What's on Offer
Offices in Melbourne, a supportive environment who push for career progression, base salary, car allowance and superannuation.