You are here
Business Development Manager
- Seeking a Business Development Manager ideally from a security background
- Entrepreneurial flare coupled with commercial etiquette
About Our Client
My client provide a range of electronic security measures fro domestic and commercial properties.
The Business Development Manager will have the following responsibilities;
- Maximising revenue from allocated sales territory to deliver annual sales budget
- Assisting the Regional Sales Manager and State Operations Manager with identifying and delivering sales proposals in line with sales strategy and margin objectives
- Targeting new accounts in order to maximise revenue and gross margin
- Assisting with liaison, and following-up customers as required
- Achieving budgeted sales for revenue and gross profit
- Undertaking face to face presentation to clients' for specific service and product offerings
- Preparing sales quotations as required
- Preparing tenders and major proposals as directed by the State Sales Manager
- Developing and delivering personal performance KPI's annually
- Managing weekly sales pipeline, forecast & activity through Salesforce
The Successful Applicant
Ideal applicants for the Business Development Manager role will come from a security background or will have worked in a technical product space previously. They will have proven sales ability in addition to the following;
Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; builds rapport well; is a good listener, obtains informal and incomplete information in time to be proactive
Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the ; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
What's on Offer
The Business Development Manager will be paying up to $100,000 plus package dependent on experience.