You are here
Business Intelligence Developer
Strong MSBI Experience
Excellent SQL Skills
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the largest groups of food wholesalers across Australia. With such a scale, the organisation is able to offer customers an unparalleled service across their range of distributors cross country.
With a strong emphasis on giving back, the organisation are dedicated to working with the communities they operate in to provide an optimal service across all stakeholder groups.
Project 1: Investigate and document existing Purchase Database which is made of the following components. All Recommendations must be documented to be used in conjunction with follow on project in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Database Design/Schema
- Data including Sales History, Adjustments and setups
- Data Access(RIMDX) for Sales History, Adjustments and setups
- Stored Procedures
- Front End Windows Application in C#.NET
- Version Control in Team Foundation Server(TFS)
- Excel Templates
- Recommend Superior Database Design to meet the dynamic Business Requirements.
- Understanding how Business requirements and changes were implemented by previous developers who have worked on the Purchase Database.
- Attain sign off from Key Business Stakeholders on scope of change
- Act as Change Management Supervisor (CMS): Ensure that all changes are documented clearly with both issue and resolution comments by the Developer making the changes.
- Validating Reports: Troubleshooting issues with the 2016-2017 Monthly Reports in coordination with the Purchase DB developer. Implement Change Management Procedures after resolving the issue
- Decide whether to keep the Existing SQL Database or Creating a new Database and Migrating the Data.
Project 2: Migration to SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Simplify Data sets with appropriate parameters. Avoid Complex Stored procedures.
- Empower the Operations and Finance Teams to generate reports accurately
- Roles and Permissions must be set based on the Profile of the user.
- If approved the reports can be scheduled to run and sent as attachments via email in whichever format they choose excel, pdf or word.
- SSRS Reports can be called from Dynamics NAV if required.
Project 3: Supplier Reporting via Web Portal
- Currently all member purchases from suppliers are submitted via excel attachments in emails which is then manually uploaded. This scope of work will speed up the reporting process.
- Work with the web developer who will add the Supplier Reporting Interface to the CW Web Portal.
The Successful Applicant
Analysis & Communication Skills
- Data gathering, research and analytical abilities to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs
- Create written communication materials that effectively summarise findings and support recommendations
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test plans and managing the execution of testing (Unit and UAT)
The BI Developer should understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement Microsoft BI solutions. The developer must have experience with the Microsoft BI stack and exposure to other technologies such as Oracle, SAP BW, SAP Business Objects, etc.
Specific technical skills desired include:
- Exceptional Relational Database and SQL Skills.
- Strong C#.NET Programming skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS)
- Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Dimensional Modelling (Kimball Methodology)
- Analytics / OLAP Cube Development (Microsoft SSAS and MDX)
- Report Development (Microsoft SSRS)
Additional mandatory requirements:
- BA/BS degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field
- 3+ years Business Intelligence experience
- 3+ years of database design or integration experience with SQL Server databases
- Excellent verbal English and written communication skills
- Accuracy: Validate the reports before publishing to Key Business stakeholders
What's on Offer
Permanent opportunity at nationally recognised organisation based full time in Parramatta. With a defined Project pipeline, the successful candidate will develop and build on their existing Business Intelligence capabilities whilst completing critical scopes of work. The role will report directly to the IT Lead.