You are here
C# Software Developer (Contract)
- Strong Commercial .NET experience essential
- Experience with a full SDLC important
About Our Client
Global client is a well recognised brand looking for an experienced C# developer to join their Sydney CBD team on a permanent basis.
- Under the direction of the Development Team Lead, translate technical requirements/agile stories/sprint tasks into working software using agreed upon tools, architecture, iterative processes and standards.
- Develop and maintain client facing web applications and backend services.
- Participate in the decomposition of broad requirements into granular pieces of work.
- Assist with the provision of Tier 3 technical support as required.
- Microsoft Development expertise - A deep technical knowledge of C#/.NET, ASP.NET, MVC with Razor, SQL Server 2012+ and T-SQL in a commercial setting.
- Back-end Development Skills - You'll be comfortable creating and maintaining Windows Services, SQL Server CLR objects and writing/maintaining T-SQL stored procedures and functions. You'll know how to spot a badly performing stored procedure and how to fix it. You won't be a DBA, but you know your way around SQL Management Studio and have a practical understanding of data design. You can interpret an execution plan.
- Agile Methodology Knowledge - You'll be comfortable working in an agile/iterative environment, and will have had exposure to Scrum, Kanban or similar.
- Platform Versatility - Our web applications are accessed from both desktop and mobile devices. You'll be experienced with the tools, techniques and mindset required to efficiently create web applications for both. You understand not all browsers are created equal, and possess the skills and experience for dealing with the differences.
- UX Design Knowledge - You will know how to delight users via a strong UX and responsive design.
- Platform Knowledge - You'll be experienced working with IIS 7+ running on Windows Server. You may have used MSMQ and VFS. Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure would be beneficial.
- NoSQL/Big Data Analytics - Experience with Hadoop or similar would be well regarded.
- A Passion for Quality - Ensure quality is an integral part of everything you do, from writing unit tests to creating quality documentation. You understand the agile meaning of the word 'done'. Exposure to ISO9001 would be an advantage but not essential.
- Responsibility - Not just do something because you are asked to but because you recognise it is required. Silicon professionals are expected to question decisions, argue their point of view and at all times work diligently and intensively to deliver outcomes committed to customers and the business plan, both written and unwritten.
- Communication Skills - Excellent ability to extract information and ideas from others, develop concepts and designs, making them accessible and easy to understand using both written and verbal communications.
The Successful Applicant
- Assess application quality and perform code reviews
- Set the technical direction for new application development and improving existing application code
- Design and implement, evaluate and improve high-performance, serial and parallel algorithms for optimization
- Coach and mentor junior developers on the team
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading development team members on Agile projects
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing end-to-end solutions that integrate with multiple applications and systems (i.e. from architecture/design to release).
- Demonstrated experience with defining and implementing development best practices for large enterprises
- Demonstrated experience across application architecture and design, development practices such as Design Patterns, Test-Driven Development, and Behaviour-Driven Development
- Demonstrated strong technical experience with C++ and shell scripting on LINUX
- Strong understanding of fundamental data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrated experience with performance tuning and profiling, and memory management
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery using tools such as Stash and Bamboo
- Demonstrated experience with automation testing skills with knowledge of tools such as Cppunit
- Demonstrated an understanding of testing techniques such as mocking
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and drive distributed teams in multiple locations
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with an ability to communicate in both technical and business language
- Demonstrated ability in planning and prioritising tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience demonstrating courage and resilience in the face of ambiguity while showing flexibility and an openness to change
- Strong problem-solving experience with an emerging ability to cut-through complexity, and an ability to think creatively at a tactical level with a keen attention to detail
What's on Offer
Competitive salary on offer as well as a fantastic opportunity to develop within a large and established organisation. Client is keen for the right person to begin asap.