You are here
Category Manager - Indirect Categories
Interesting role for experienced category manager
Well known organisation
About Our Client
Our client is an iconic Queensland organisation which is an employer of choice in the state. The company prides itself on the benefits and career opportunities it offers to its staff.
As Category Manager your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Devising a procurement framework across a variety of indirect goods and service categories
- Conducting sourcing activities to achieve synergy, cost reduction and achieve targets across the category portfolio
- Efficient contract management across key suppliers
- Managing stakeholder and supplier relationships
- Having a strategic view of the procurement function to identify cost saving opportunities
- Managing two team members and training appropriately to ensure alignment with the corporate procurement strategy
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application for Senior Category Manager you should have prior experience in a category management role which had focus on vendor and contracts management. Prior experience in indirect procurement is essential, ideally within a corporate head office function within the healthcare, finance, retail, not for profit or professional services space. You must have significant prior experience in the negotiation and management of supply contracts within the service sector. Demonstrated success in reducing total cost of ownership across multiple categories is vital for this role.
What's on Offer