You are here
Chief Financial Officer
- CBD fringe location
- Broad strategic role
About Our Client
Founded in 1872 as the first college of the University of Melbourne, Trinity College is a unique tertiary institution that provides a diverse range of rigorous academic programs for more than 2,000 talented students from across Australia and around the world. A non-for-profit organisation, their income is derived from a range of educational divisions including a Residential College, Theological School, a Pathways School for international students and short courses and programs. This established college now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced CFO to join their team.
Reporting into the CEO, this role requires a capacity to work with both a strategic and an operational focus, contributing to, and working within, the strategic purposes and plans of the College. This commercial role will see you hold full responsibility for all areas of finance, technology services, risk, compliance and statutory support across the College.
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Management of the College and Foundation financial performance
- Strategic financial management, including cost and revenue optimisation, management of investments, accounts and payroll
- Management of the treasury function including banking arrangements, investments, cash flow analysis and projections
- Preparation of the annual budget, including operating and capital budgets and 5-year cash flow projections
- Preparation of the annual audit process across the College and Foundation
- Developing, implementing and monitoring strategy for the College
- Operational risk management, compliance and insurance
- Oversight of Information technology services
- Development and implementation of an IT strategy for the College, including end-to-end business and enterprise processes.
The Successful Applicant
CA/CPA qualified, you will be a proactive and driven individual with significant experience working with, advising and/or supporting Boards, preferably with non-profit exposure. You will have proven stakeholder relationship skills and general management experience. In addition to this you will have working knowledge of contracts, asset management, insurance and leading ITS strategy and function. You will be adaptable and able to evolve in an ever-changing environment and naturally, you will provide clear leadership and contribute to a vision for the future, setting direction and inspiring achievement and commitment from others. Strong communications skills will be paramount for your success as will your ability to interact and influence key stakeholders.
What's on Offer
- Close knit team
- Reputable organisation
- Leave loading
Please note that all 3rd party applications will be sent directly to Michael Page.