You are here
Civil Project Engineer
- Civil Project Engineer
- Major rail network organisation in Sydney
About Our Client
Our client is a well established rail networking organisation in Sydney, with a head count of 10,000 staff. Their morals are to put the customer at the centre of all that it does and to deliver safe, reliable and clean rail services to the people within the metropolitan area.
As Project Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of track projects which includes site visits, stakeholder meetings, carry out risk assessments, manage costs, input into the reporting systems, plan and implement construction work methodologies, organise materials, plant and necessary labour, develop site safety documentation and implement site controls on site. Other responsibilties include;
- Supervision of construction works on weekends including night shifts.
- Construction manager responsibilities.
- Asset and civil construction management with documentation of contracts and contract delivery.
- Design review and supervision of risk management, project scope planning, safety, environment and quality planning, design management and procurement.
- Work with Senior Project Engineers/Project Managers and Program Planners and coordinate project teams.
- Assist the project manager in preparing the PMP and associated project documentation including safety plans, environmental plans, IWP, ITP and quality plans etc.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate would ideally be immediately available or available at short notice, with a degree or relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, in addition to:
- Relevant experience in civil construction, asset management and track work, ideally within the rail industry.
- Substantial experience in project management/delivery and engineering track works in a rail environment.
- Candidate needs to have construction site experience and must be willing to work weekends. (2 weekends per month).
- Experience in managing a mix of internal resources and contractors to deliver works.
- Demonstrated experience in project support, such as developing estimates, preparing schedules, managing budgets and cost, planning resources, project controls and status reporting and managing quality. Experience in the successful implementation of relevant standards such as Australian Engineering and Technical standards.
- Demonstrated success in managing risk and safety performance in compliance with safety legislation, rules and procedures.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a major metropolitan networking organisation, which includes a competitive remuneration package.