You are here
Cloud Systems Engineer - AWS
Great opportunity at a highly reputable organisation
MUST have had exposure to AWS Infrastructure
About Our Client
My client is a highly reputable organisation located in the CBD. It is a very exciting time to be joining a driven and motivated team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Timely response and resolution of service issues and ensure service level agreements are met.
- Support and manage back office infrastructure to ensure availability of critical systems.
- Assist internal IT support teams in the resolution of Incidents and completion of Service Requests.
- Administration and maintenance of onsite IT assets
- Escalate high impacting service issues to relevant parties.
- Identify trends and advise IT management team of recurring service issues.
- Engage with internal clients to resolve IT support issues professionally and competently.
- Collaborate with chosen vendors and service providers to deliver expected service levels
- Identify potential problems and communicate with the Infrastructure Manager and assist in developing most appropriate remediation, solution and escalation path.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by providing input and advice to IT management team.
- Assist in the implementation of IT migrations and integration assets as required
- Occasional out of hours support and project work will be required
- Willing to participate in an on-call roster when required
- Facilitate IT Procurement when required
The Successful Applicant
- MUST have had exposure to AWS Infrastructure
- Formal qualifications in a computing discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Current knowledge of IT standards and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and administering core infrastructure services such as MS Windows AD 2008/2012, file & print, SQL Servers, Citrix, VMware, LAN switching, System Centre, Office 365 / Exchange 2013/2016, AD DNS.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and Maintenance.
- Experience with Meraki network infrastructure.
- Experience with Unix operating systems.
- Experience with bash programming or similar.
- Experience with System Deployment and management using SCCM or similar tools.
- Experience in ITIL Service, Change and Incident Management processes. ITIL foundation qualifications preferred.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preferably experience in maintaining Cisco WAN environments.
- Exposure to or experience managing Avaya PABX services.
- Exposure to Puppet or similar.
What's on Offer
On offer is a permanent opportunity at a highly reputable organisation in their CBD location. Exposure to AWS Infrastructure is key!