You are here
Commercial and Contracts Manager
- Exciting opportunity to take on a highly autonomous, hands on role
- Large scale project with an opportunity to start pre Christmas
About Our Client
Our client is seeking an experienced Commercial & Contracts Manager to join their QLD business to head up a key project. Working as part of a well-known and established infrastructure business, you will play a key role in this multi-million dollar project
Working in this highly autonomous role you will report to the General Manager and be responsible for a small contracts administration team.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ensure the successful delivery of the project by managing the execution of construction contracts, monitoring commercial risk and ensuring contractual deliverables are being achieved, on time and within budget.
- Ensure contractors and subcontracts meet their contractual obligations, ensuring value, risk management and safety at all times. (a strong understanding and experience within the financial and legal aspects of contract management is a must).
- Provide continual risk assessment of the projects, raising issues with appropriate personnel when necessary
- Liaise with a number of internal and external stakeholders, including other government agencies, contractors and legal team members, applying negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have experience in a commercial contract management role, ideally within infrastructure or similar environment of large projects.
- Experience in dealing with construction contracts within the building or infrastructure.
- Sound understanding of supplier contracts and the initiative to seek timely advice on technical and operational perspectives from both internal and external sources to ensure the most favourable commercial outcome
- Extensive experience in a commercial environment, preferably incorporating project, service delivery, technology or supplier management
- Exposure to Fixed-Price Design and Construct Contracts
- Proven experience in senior roles in the development or management of largescale, commercially complex, privately funded infrastructure projects
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary.
- Hands on and diverse challenge on an interesting large project.
- Chance to add value within well-established QLD business.