You are here
- Twelve (12) month contract
- Australian market leader in FMCG space
About Our Client
Our client is an ANZ market leading retail group with interests spanning FMCG industries. As a proud ASX listed organisation this client prides itself on putting business partners and customers first. As one of Australia's largest employers the organisation comprises a unique diversity of employees across professional backgrounds. Our Client offers the successful applicant a unique opportunity to be involved in the day-to-day running of various leading retail brands in Australia and to be part of a leading retail legal team. The team includes specialist lawyers in areas including IP, IT, CCA, property and general commercial/corporate advice.
This role reports to the General Counsel and requires a working knowledge of commercial legal issues in reference to supply chain, transport and logistics contracts. An emphasis will be placed on the efficient provision of both commercial and practical legal solutions that meet the business need but also address risk profile issues. With responsibility for advising on supply chain contracts and related matters in reference to supermarkets, liquor and general merchandise, day-to-day issues will relate, but are not limited to:
- Distribution (internal and external);
- Warehousing; and
- Online services in relation to pick up and delivery.
The role requires an innate business acumen and ability to work in dynamic, fast paced situations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful will be an established commercial legal professional with a proven record of providing advice that both meets business team needs and comprehensively addresses legal risks. The successful applicant will have at least three (3) years commercial law experience in-house or for a reputable firm. An ability to distil complex issues into readily accessible advice is essential, as is confidence in dealing with competing interests amongst varying stakeholders. The successful applicant will be precise in contract review and attentive to the need for influencing negation or communication in reference to matters of importance. The successful applicant must:
- hold a Bachelor of Laws (or equivalent);
- hold a current, unrestricted Australian practising certificate;
- have 3-8 years PAE, at least 3 of which is in a commercial law related field;
- have experience in legal matters relating to supply chain, transportation and/or logistics; and
- be proficient in the negotiation and drafting of related contracts.
As a leading Australian organisation in a fast paced industry, our client will treat the following attributes with high regard:
- ability to juggle competing workloads and prioritise matters on the basis of business need;
- ability to work autonomously and collaborate with teams where it will result in a better business outcome;
- ability to deal confidently with stakeholders;
- strong analytically skills; and
- sound legal and commercial problem solving skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and attractive employee benefits.
Our client is offering the right applicant a rare opportunity to be part of an exciting in-house team in one of Australia's most prominent retail organisations. As an organisation our client is committed to employee engagement and provision of training/education specifically designed to invest in the careers of employees who invest their time in the company.