You are here
Commercial Legal Counsel - IP (3-6 PAE)
- Our client requires a commercial lawyer (IP) with 3-6 PAE
- Ability to work autonmously and be the key legal point of contact is essential
About Our Client
Our client is part of a global group of organisations committed to bringing top quality products to markets throughout the world. The company prides itself on having a dynamic culture that harnesses the ingenuity and innovation of its employees to provide industry leading technological research solutions. With offices located across the globe, our client is an employer of choice and has a growing product portfolio tailored to assist individuals, SMEs and corporate entities alike to deal conveniently with digital information.
This role is ideal for a legal professional with 3-6 years PAE and a proven ability to work autonomously in small teams with ample business unit pressure. An essential aspect of the role will be acting as the main legal point of contact for business teams and providing commercially driven but legally sound advice in a timely manner. Given the nature of our clients business, the successful applicant will sit within the commercial legal team and be required to provide general commercial advice with a particular emphasis on IP issues. Key areas of focus for the role are not limited to but will include:
- ad hoc advice on legal and regulatory issues to business units;
- review, drafting and negotiation of contractual agreements;
- review of supplier T&Cs and where required renegotiation or advice as to implications of such T&Cs;
- acting as key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders;
- dealing with regulators;
- implementation/maintenance of internal policy initiatives designed to address regulatory requirements on the business.
This is a permanent role and experience dealing with complex legal issues will be looked upon favourably. Past interaction with regulatory compliance issues is preferred, but not essential.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- hold a current New South Wales Practising Certificate that allows you to practice unsupervised;
- have 3-6 years PAE in a corporate in-house team or reputable commercial/IP practice group;
- have experience practising in IP and dealing with IP related agreements;
- familiarity with general commercial agreements including licensing, software, distribution, master service and other procurement related agreements;
- experience with policy requirements around protecting trade secrets, information security and other regulatory policy requirements;
- be a confident communicator with a proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships;
- be able to manage all stages of the contracts process;
- be familiar with regulatory compliance issues (although experience in a compliance specific role is not essential); and
- have strong attention to detail and the ability to organise/multitask complex issues on an independent basis;
The successful applicant will be comfortable in high pressure situations. Our client is committed to its dynamic culture and will value applicants who can demonstrate a commitment to working effectively in a team environment and upholding the values of the organisation they work for. A proven ability to self-motivate and work within a team environment is highly desirable.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on experience and expertise.