You are here
Communications and Media Officer
- Immediate Start
- Great Team
About Our Client
My client is a leading local council in WA that is seeking a passionate and hardworking individual to coordinate both internal and external communications, media releases, public relations and maintain the website and manage all social sites.
Reporting to the Manager Media and Communications, this role is instrumental in coordinating the delivery of the overall communications strategy for my client. The position is revolved around implementing a sense of internal identity and community spirit, with the objective of improving organizational culture in support of overall vision, values and future plans. The Communications Officer will articulate and promote key messages and manage the creation and delivery of content to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders across a large organization. Some of your responsibilities include;
- Develop an internal and external communications strategy
- Write and coordinate content for all marketing collateral such as brochures and flyers
- Develop media releases and all relevant responses
- Coordinate and write content for the website and all social media channels
- Update the web and track all relevant data
- Manage the CRM system
- Promote and increase community awareness of all new projects and initiatives
- Driving the ongoing development of online communications with internal stakeholders, and support the introduction of an Intranet
- Timely analysis of staff survey to identify internal communications requirements, engaging stakeholder groups to further explore communication preferences, platform and timing.
The Successful Applicant
- Postgraduate qualifications or a degree in a relevant field and with proven experience
- Internal communications experience with a successful track record in developing Internal communications strategies
- A demonstrable record of delivering across multiple platforms, with emphasis on intranet, social media and other digital platforms.
- An analytical, results-oriented approach with a track record of designing and delivering communications solutions to meet KPIs, with evidence of having applied effective quantitative and qualitative research to improve performance.
- Best practice in internal communications, with an emphasis on new technologies, digital and social media.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Word and Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
What's on Offer
- Immediate start
- Contract position
- Great company benefits
- Well- developed team