You are here
Compliance Manager role with industry leading organisation
Opportunity to put your own stamp on organisational committment to compliance
About Our Client
Our client is a Sydney based a large Sydney based corporate entity that prides itself on provision of an industry leading service to its consumers. This client is an employer of choice that is committed to engagement and developing the careers of its employees at all levels.
Reporting to the General Counsel, this role is ideal for a compliance manager with at least 4 years experience in a similar role with a large corporate entity. The role requires an ability to provide organisational direction, contribute to strategy and lead business unit commitment to risk/compliance culture. The successful applicant will mange a growing team and must be able to develop the competencies of direct reports. A stand alone compliance function is new to this organisation so the role will need to facilitate the implementation of company-wide compliance frameworks (including reporting systems) and be responsible for the wider risk management system.
As part of the role the successful applicant will need to read and interpret legislative/regulatory frameworks, and to liaise directly with senior business leaders including the board and executive. The successful applicant will be a strong leader who demonstrates initiative in addressing compliance issue and is capable of influencing all aspects of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- have at least 4 years experience in a compliance manager or similar role;
- have a tertiary degree in law or other relevant legal qualification;
- qualification or training in corporate governance/compliance is preferred (but not essential);
- have experience assessing risk, determining gaps and implementing appropriate systems to address the issue;
- familiarity with lead/lag indicators and other compliance tools is essential;
- be a confident communicator with a demonstrable ability to influence business unit buy-in to compliance culture; and
- have an ability to provide training to internal/external stakeholders on compliance requirements.
What's on Offer
Great CBD location and competitive salary commensurate with knowledge/experience.