You are here
Contract Mechanical Design Engineer
- Leading Medical Device Manufacturer
- South Eastern Suburbs
About Our Client
Our client is a hi-tech product manufacturer based in Melbourne's Southeast suburbs. Possessing an impressive relationship within the medical device industry and has some fascinating ongoing projects involving bringing ideas from initial concept through to manufacturing. Due to the nature of the industry, the products are of high complexity (cost) and for low volume production.
- Manage the design for the particular project and make adjustments if required.
- Take charge of all precision machining and precision moulding of small plastic parts for high complexity, low volume production.
- Manage the part register and procedure for the appropriate components for the product build.
- Liaise with the external tooling workshops and clients at all times to ensure the build is to specification.
- Report and present all milestones of the project to senior management. Identify, suggest, implement and manage new manufacturing methods for the product.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this role:
- Must be degree qualified in mechanical engineering.
- Must have experience with ISO 13485.
- Experience in Solidworks/Inventor.
- Ideally have experience with product development and fabrication.
- Knowledge of plastics and fabrication will be pivotal in this role.
- Will have direct experience with ISO-9000 quality assurance systems.
What's on Offer
A very competitive salary is on offer for the contract role
To apply, please click 'Apply' below. For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Jamie Cameron on +61 3 8640 3152