You are here
About Our Client
Our client is an international engineering and construction company. They are head quartered here in Perth and are the leading provider of engineering and project services in the oil and gas markets in Australia with a global presence across Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and North America.
Specifically in the role you will responsible for the following:
- Assist with the preparation of the consolidated quarterly forecast and annual budget process.
- Responsible for invoicing Joint Ventures and subsidiary companies for work share arrangements and other recoverable costs.
- Prepare monthly analysis of overheads and review the allocation of corporate recharges.
- Prepare financial results in accordance with accounting standards, company policies and other statutory requirements.
- Provide financial support to newly acquired entities, projects and other related entities of the division as required.
- Assist in the preparation of position papers to support divisional provisions, project contingencies and other identified risks and opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of standardised accounting and reporting processes, procedures and supporting templates & tools across the division.
- Assist the corporate tax team with tax compliance matters such as GST, VAT and WHT lodgements.
- Accounting, reporting and compliance for related entities and projects and recharge accounts of the division as required.
- Understand tax implications of projects and agreements entered into, dependant on the jurisdiction.
- Managing the audit process and ensuring sign off of audited accounts
- Internal and external business partnering with finance staff in Joint Ventures and subsidiary entities within the division.
- Mentoring and managing one direct report (Assistant Accountant)
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Commerce or Accounting or Equivalent
- CA or CPA Qualified
- Ideal background is a chartered accountant with hands on commercial experience post qualification.
You must be comfortable with change and enjoy partnering with internal and external. You need to be hands on, comfortable with change but happy to take direction on what is needed.
What's on Offer
This role offers a Corporate Accountant position based in Perth for a Global brand. The total package available is competitive, with an exciting opportunity to be part of a large organisation with a fantastic team culture.