You are here
- Client is a leading global manufacturing business
- Opportunity for strong career progression and development
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Australian manufacturing business with an established history and a brand in their market. The business is currently investing heavily in their R&D division to deliver new and improved products. The company runs a state of the art local manufacturing facility in Western Sydney and employs around 200 employees. Due to a recent management change the business is now driving their revenue and profit growth through seeking improvements to their internal operations. This role is a key part of that strategy and a truly exciting time to join this market leader.
This is a broad and varied cost accounting position for a global manufacturing corporation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Month-end processing and reporting for the manufacturing operations
- Analyse and report on gross margin at a product level
- Take responsibility for creation and maintenance of product costing; BOM's, routings and overhead recovery rates
- Analyse and report on manufacturing variances and partner operations to deliver improvements and efficiencies
- Work with production to continuously improve the manufacturing processes to reduce both waste and cost
- Develop and implement robust operational and financial KPI reporting
- Manage the capital expenditure and maintain the fixed assets register
- Provide project accounting as well as costing and manufacturing analysis for New Product Development
The Successful Applicant
You will be a CPA or CA qualified accountant with previous experience working in a management accounting position within a manufacturing business. It is important that you have worked closely with a local manufacturing operation with hands on experience with standard costing. You will be a strong communicator and someone who can build effective relationship with a variety of internal stakeholders, particularly with the operations and manufacturing teams. It is important that you have a pro-active approach to problem solving and can champion process improvements across the business. Finally, You should have a strong understanding of all the elements of the job description listed above and be able to provide a key support to the CFO and wider executive team.
What's on Offer
- Work with a positive and forward thinking senior management team
- Develop and implement improvements, making a real difference to business performance
- Work for an established brand at a profitable business with a strong financial position
- Develop and grow in the position over time, taking on more responsibilities and complexity as the business grows