You are here
- CBD Location
- 12 Month Contract - Feb start date
About Our Client
My client is looking for the following traits from the successful candidate:
- Takes leadership in developing their Data Architecture in close collaboration with the Director
- Lead the development and execution of the data strategy and align to the systems integration design and build
- Complete the required integration design documentation
- Develop data models based on business needs and sourced from disparate systems
- Define the data project scope, data architecture and estimate the level of effort required to complete the project.
- Participate, leading when required, in Project Team meetings
- Review, analyse and evaluate ideas, projects and opportunities to develop new products, technologies and Business models
- Provide direction to project Business analysts on how to respond to Business requirements and the organisation's Enterprise architecture.
- Ensuring all services delivered comply with the Business and Enterprise architecture. Where they don't provide guidance on how the organisation should respond to ensure the Business vision and objectives remain achievable.
- Design and build system integration solutions and or Business applications that meet target Business needs.
- Review project documentation as requested to ensure it meets standards, principles and guidelines.
- Conduct deep dive reviews of Business units for the purpose of developing the Data architecture.
- Partner with Technology Enterprise and Solution Architects in the construction and management of the Enterprise Architecture, principles, policies and frameworks that supports the Business plan.
- Stay current about Business Architecture tools, trends and methods
The Data Architect is responsible for my client's Data Architecture within the boundaries established by the Enterprise architecture. This is both a strategic and operational role that will establish the principles, governing policies, target capabilities and translate these into delivery-focused initiatives. These may be separate change initiatives or be part of larger programmes. This position also oversees and champions the development of a learning, collaborative and outcome-driven performance culture, both within the organisation and with partners as it relates to the emerging practice of Enterprise architecture to embed and extend further the information architecture framework.
The Successful Applicant
- Force.com, Workflows, Integration technologies (e.g. Jitterbit, Mulesoft ESB), SOAP, RESTful, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML, etc), Common frameworks such as struts, spring, hibernate, etc. and Database technologies (No SQL, MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures)
- Relevant degree related to Data Architecture
- Extensive experience and senior technical expertise in the field of Data or Information Architecture with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a small team and offering consulting style support to other Business units.
- Significant experience in a project management with a focus on delivery and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills, planning and organising skills.
- Good commercial acumen.
What's on Offer
A very exciting opportunity to join an expanding Government agency, working on a number of high profile and challenging projects of work.