You are here
DC Manager - Immediate Start - Contract Position
- 4month Minimum contract
- Immediate Start
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest global suppliers of food goods manufacturing company and their products supply to the food service and retail markets. The Company operates through numerous wholly owned and majority owned subsidiaries, as well as affiliated companies with operations in the globally.
- Plans, develops and directs all distribution practices and methods to assure on time deliveries within budgetary and customer guidelines.
- Direct the planning and assignment of work for the most efficient use of personnel and equipment.
- Reviews current distribution routing at least half yearly and makes recommendations to the General Manager.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and two-way communication with co-workers and other personnel throughout the Company.
- Responsible for contractor induction and documentation.
- Ensures all distribution positions are ably staffed and future management is developed
- Fleet management of all truck leases, maintenance, fuel etc and the raising of purchase orders.
- Communication and Navigation equipment for the fleet to run effectively and efficiently.
The Successful Applicant
- 4+ years' experience in a similar role with proven experience as Distribution Manager or other relevant role
- Experience in a food, FMCG logistics & operations management.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team, building strong relationships across a sales/distribution organisation
- Entrepreneurial, creative, "out of the box" thinker comfortable in a flexible, fast moving environment
- Demonstrated strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive day rate for this contract position. There is onsite parking and a potential for the role to be made permanent. Immediate start, 4month minimum duration.