You are here
Design Lead - Senior BA
- Great opportunity for a Senior IT Business Analyst
- Sydney CBD location
About Our Client
In March 2015, the Minister for Finance, Services and Property, the Hon. Dominic Perrottet, announced that a re-elected Baird Government would oversee a transition to digital licencing over the next four years. This is part of the overall NSW Government commitment to deliver easier, better, faster customer services in NSW.
The high level concept of this initiative is to develop a Digital Licence to provide access to government licences via a mobile device in a way that is more convenient, private and secure than a current licence and that can be used whenever and wherever a current licence is used. It will enable customers to replace a wallet full of licences - from fishing permits, to ultimately, driver's licences, with a mobile device they already carry.
- Manage and oversee the project team responsible for the business requirements and design management within the Digital Licensing Program (Customer Research, Customer Journeys UX design, wireframes etc.)
- Managing the design of solutions that accurately translate the user experience into digital channels
- Support customer research and user testing sessions to validate design
- Work closely together with the Program Director to:
- Ensure the Digital Licensing Program delivers agreed levels of functionality and quality within agreed timelines;
- Represent the Digital Licensing Program on various inter-jurisdictional and cross agency coordination committees that will guide or support the development of a widely accepted digital form of licences.
- Management of dependencies and interdependencies across the Design work-stream
- Management of all associated design risks and issues
- Reviews of team members' outputs to provide quality assurance
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
The Successful Applicant
- The position will report to the Program Director, Digital Licensing Program.
- 7-10yrs experience in project management with a focus on user-centred design methodologies, interaction and visual design principles and digital cultures, with an agile development approach;
- Experience delivering projects in a Design Management role and with Managing Contractors
- UX knowledge and application of these principles to previous projects
- A proven record of applying user-centred design practices while balancing the needs of the business
- Experience in managing both technical and creative team members;
- Understanding of customer-centred design principles;
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes through collaborative and cooperative means;
- Excellent leadership, people and stakeholder management skills;
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage a variety of competing tasks;
- A strong background in Project Management
- Experience in the government sector;
- Tertiary degree or equivalent.
What's on Offer
On offer is an amazing opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to take that extra step in their career.