You are here
Experienced developer and enjoy the hands on components of a development role?
Are you are also a leader rather than a manager?
About Our Client
Reporting to the General Manager - Software Development, the Development Team Lead (Melbourne) will be responsible for working collaboratively with a diverse team of subject matter experts and business analysts doing day-to-day hands-on development, maintenance of key software systems and components, as well as contributing to the overall architecture and solution design of all software components developed.
Your objective will be to maximise the development team's effectiveness by practising continuous improvement in all areas of software development and technology, and mentoring developers to instil principles of good software design, architecture and maintainability. Our business is complex and the software is necessarily complex and detailed.
The Successful Applicant
Duties & Responsibilities
This is a challenging role as you maintain your own high software development standards and through your leadership encourage a high-performance culture within the team. You will build new software components efficiently and on time, while continuing to support a number of existing systems. You will be comfortable in delegating responsibility to other developers as required.
At times the workload can become intense so you should be confident to seek support from your general manager and other team leaders.
The major responsibilities and accountabilities of the Development Manager will include:
- Team leadership and management - organise, mentor and motivate the development team;
- Delivery of high quality projects on time;
- Work with the GM Software Development and other development teams to design and develop advanced software architectures that maximise our technology advantage;
- Work collaboratively with senior developers, business analysts, testing, software support, and IT infrastructure teams to plan and execute projects;
- Lead by example in code quality and technique;
- Manage multiple software development projects ensuring that appropriate procedures, processes, tools and staffing levels are in place;
- Monitor and evaluate completion of tasks and projects against the schedule for delivery of requirements; and
- Analyse software requirements and create and implement design plans.
What's on Offer
Key Personal Traits:
- Team leadership experience;
- Software development experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with database design, software architecture and design;
- An understanding of business analysis and requirements gathering processes.