You are here
DevOps automation engineer - Contract - Banking
- DevOps Automation
- Excellent communication skills
About Our Client
What you do
The primary responsibility is to
- Write and execute test cases for functional and automated tests
- Assist with the test process and quality improvements across development.
- Provide input into estimates for story planning.
- Provide input into refining and managing a strong automation framework across build, deploy and test
- Work within an agile development team with a focus on delivering valuable software for the customer.
- Provide input into process improvements across the delivery team.
- 5 + years of testing and DevOps experience.
- 2 + years of working across an agile collaborative agile environment.
- 2 + years of experience with good practices of working with Atlassian JIRA and Bamboo.
- Experience in using Selenium or similar acceptance testing frameworks.
- Solid experience using Selenium Web-driver and BDD tools such as Cucumber, Mocha etc
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes.
- Experience writing clear acceptance criteria in user stories from customer conversations (this includes the list below - "who will you be working with"
- The ability to work with relational databases. Understanding of database schema and ability to write complex queries to verify test results & test data.
- The ability to give feedback, and take part in design discussions to determine test approach and effort.
- Experience working in large complex systems.
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills.
- Basic understanding / experience dealing with networks (e.g. debugging connectivity issues/firewalls/DNS)
- Experience in Hadoop, Hive (data base query interface to Apache Hadoop), Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), DB2 and JDBC
- Has a good understanding on the concept of 'big data'
- Experience with Java
The Successful Applicant
Who will you be working with
- Head of QA in IM
- DevOps lead
- Development team (s)
- Test team (s)
- BA team (s)
The right candidate will have excellent communication skills, adaptable and experienced across a range of areas.
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity offering a great benefits package to work with a leading banking company in Sydney. Salary neg depending on experience