You are here
- Global manufacturer
- Full Engineering responsibility
About Our Client
Our client is a leading chemical manufacturer with a strong global brand. They are looking for an Engineering Manager to provide engineering solutions within a fast paced, commercially challenging and results driven environment.
The role of Engineering Manager will report to the Plant Manager, and will lead and develop the engineering team in accordance to the business strategy. The role will require the achievement of targeted levels of performance, customer satisfaction, quality standards, and of health, safety and environmental standards.
- To lead, motivate and develop an Engineering team to deliver on time, to the required standards and within budget to meet customer requirements.
- To lead the development and utilisation of maintenance system and effective inspection and monitoring techniques to achieve a level of asset availability, to meet the needs of the business.
- To partner the Operational Managers in delivering a reliable and effective operational process
- To manage people by undertaking the following activities effectively and in compliance with internal policies and procedures: Recruitment and Selection, People Planning, Training and Development e.g. PDPs, Performance Management, Absence Management, Communication (Team Briefings)
- To effectively manage and meet budgetary requirements within Engineering. Pro-actively identify opportunities to reduce costs
- To improve and maintain a safe working environment. Ensuring that team members are fully aware and comply with all Health and Safety standards, company and legal requirements. E.g. COSHH, HACCP, DSER - To be an active member of the site management team taking a leading role in driving performance, encouraging value lead behaviour and bringing success to site
- To play a lead role in developing new systems/technological improvements, in conjunction with technical and operational resources.
- Accurately record and follow up actions in order to successfully meet KPIs
- To continuously challenge and improve the Engineering solutions available to the business. To play a proactive role in supporting the business, to continuously improve Engineering effectiveness and operate at lowest cost
- To play a pivotal role in the Capital Review process and ensure that site projects are submitted in a timely manner to high standards
- To network with other colleagues on site and within engineering, including central FM function as a means of sharing good practice and resolving issues - Manage the day to day running of the department
- Effective scheduling in PPM tasks
The Successful Applicant
As Engineering Manager you will have a proven track record in a fast paced manufacturing environment, in a senior management position.
- The candidate will have successfully focused on operational engineering with strong leadership skills and leading the role in a senior management team.
- Relevant experience in machinery and systems development, automation processes, factory design and layout, planned/preventative maintenance, buildings and service maintenance.
- Drive for Results
- Leading Change
- Customer Focus
- Being First Through Innovation
- Inspirational Leadership
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a leading chemical manufacturer in Melbourne.