You are here
Finance Analyst | NSW Government | CBD Location
- 6 month contract
- Close to public transport
About Our Client
My client is known for its large presence within the Government sector. Due to a project going live, they are seeking an experienced SAP Ledger Financial Analyst to join the team for a 6 month period.
The key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the budgets and forecasts for each business unit
- Provide analysis and commentary on business unit performance, monthly/quarterly reporting for senior management, FTE reporting as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Perform in-depth analysis of technology and telecommunication transactions which drive costs within cost centres.
- Reviewing transaction lists for incorrect entries & remedy via journal; salary journal corrections and account reconciliations
- Assist with end of month activities, including monthly cost and expense accruals
- Follow up with accounts payable and vendor management functions for unpaid outstanding and disputed invoices
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualifications or studying towards a degree in accounting, commerce or in a similar discipline and qualified CA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in management accounting activities including budget development, forecasting, planning and reporting
- Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of, the NSW Government accounting principles and practices, the Public Finance and Audit Act and other relevant regulations including Treasury Directions and related requirements
- Sound experience with computerised financial systems (e.g. SAP or equivalent) including Microsoft Office and the ability to use these systems effectively.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary at Market rate
- 6 month contract
- Close to public transport; located in the heart of the city
- Work/life balance