You are here
This position is now filled
Finance Business Partner | Government | CBD Location
- Large government organisation
- Close to public transport
About Our Client
Our client is known for it's large presence within the Government sector which has a great influence over the well being of the community. They are seeking a Management Accountant to join their team on an onging contract basis to begin with.
- Provide timely and accurate information and advice to line management as required.
- Provide extensive input with the planning, coordination and monitoring of annual budgetary forecast processes to agree targets and achieve financial objectives.
- Provide extensive input with the preparation of the statement of financial performance and preparation of the budget.
- Monitor and analyse financial performance and provide management reports, costings and financial analysis assistance to operational and/or business managers.
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis, forecasting and modelling of cost centre performance to date and at end of year, and reports showing trends and variances with supporting information and advice on corrective actions.
- Provide financial input and analysis into the preparation of Long Range Financial Forecasts and Treasury Requests as required.
- Strong involvement with the development and management of financial and budget strategies, processes and techniques to achieve agreed client group strategic business and operational goals.
- Contribute to the preparation of short, medium and long term strategic financial plans to reflect business plans and objectives and be directly involved in the business planning process.
- Prepare, develop and recommend short, medium and long term financial projections to monitor performance and achievement of targets within client groups.
- Provide advice and assistance to relevant Executive team members, business and operational managers on issues relating to business and financial planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated experience in providing budgeting and management reporting advice in a large, complex organisation.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle high volume tasks, set priorities and achieve results within deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Demonstrated capacity to operate both independently, using initiative and self-direction, and as a team member to produce consistently high quality work.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Understanding of current issues and challenges in the delivery of transport services.
- Extensive knowledge of Government accounting policies, the Public Finance and Audit Act, the Treasurer's Directions and the Public Sector Employment and Management Act.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
What's on Offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- Possibility of extension
- Career progression
- Work-life balance
- Close to public transport