You are here
Finance Manager- Local Government start ASAP
- Start ASAP- Monday 1st of August
- $50-55 per hour + superannuation
About Our Client
Our client is a small Local Government Council based in WA. They are seeking a new Finance Manager to cover leave for an initial period of 3 months with possible extension.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services this role will be responsible for the complete management of the finance function, including:
- Monitoring and reporting on the financial performance of the organisation;
- Managing and mentoring the Finance team to promote staff development;
- Co-ordinating and preparing the monthly financial and management accounts;
- Evaluating and forecasting the cashflow position, including evaluating current and potential projects;
- Creating and presenting board reports, financial management reports, analysis, and complex budget models and forecasts;
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting process across the business, including working with divisional managers to set budgets and investigate variances;
- Working across the business to recommend improvements to processes, and to drive and implement cost saving initiatives; and
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the year end audit.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must have exposure to the system Synergy Soft. Prior experience in the Local Government sector will be highly beneficial. Candidates must also be able to start ASAP.
What's on Offer
- $50-55+ super
- 3 months with possibility of extension
- Housing allowance