You are here
Financial Accountant - NSW Government
- 6 month contract with view of extension
- Career development opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is an important Government organisation that is heavily involved in providing high quality services across NSW.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, your duties will include:
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, in a timely manner, with necessary supporting documentations and validate completeness, existence, appropriateness of valuation, rights and obligations of balances.
- Identify, analyse, and investigate reconciling items to ensure that they are properly understood, are genuine, and are cleared promptly.
- Accurately prepare and process month-end and year-end journals and other standard journals as required
- Timely identification of process and system issues as part of the reconciliation process and escalation to the data integrity team and the manager
- Perform ongoing investigation and/or analysis of accounting transactions to ensure that the information contained within the ledger is correct and properly accounted for.
- Identify prospective accounting issues that may lead to further accounting/reporting difficulties, and draw these issues to the attention of the Senior Accountant and Manager.
- Assist in non-routine project based financial and business analysis, as well as process improvement initiatives as required to continuously improve the quality of reporting and to support effective decision making by management.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be fully CA or CPA qualified with strong financial accounting ability, particularly with the usage of large ERP systems and knowledge of accounting standards. You will have a strong track record with very hands on financial accounting positions that have also required extensive stakeholder management. Strong communication skills are considered a necessary requirement to succeed in this role.
What's on Offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- Possibilities of extension
- Career progression
- Work-life balance
- Close to public transport