You are here
Financial Accounting Manager - SAP - Long term contract
- Long term contract role with leading NSW Government agency
- Competitive hourly rate
About Our Client
My client is a high profile State Government agency responsible for a NSW wide transformation project. They are a growing and complex organisation and a key player in the NSW Government's growth strategy. With this in mind, they are currently undergoing a recruitment drive to support this process.
In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Director of Finance and lead a team of six.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and drive the year end process including being the key point of contact for the external audit team and senior internal stakeholders
- Preparation of half-yearly and yearly financial statements
- Drive improvements in financial accounting processes particularly around the balance sheet and financial reporting
- Continuous review of internal controls and ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a CA/CPA qualified professional with strong, technical financial accounting skills that you developed within a chartered or commercial environment. You will also be highly proficient in using SAP and will have the demonstrated ability to drive improvements and value add from the system itself. You will be hands-on in your approach to your work and have the interpersonal skills to quickly and effectively build working relationships with senior stakeholders.
What's on Offer
- Lead a high-performing team in a complex business
- Contract role with view of extension and permanency
- Competitive hourly rate on offer
- Sydney CBD fringe location