You are here
Financial Accounting Manager
- ASX listed business
- Mining and Energy Services
About Our Client
My client is well known in the Mining and Energy Services industry, they started as a small drilling business and have continually grown through acquisition and are now ASX listed. They are head quartered here in Perth but have operations around the globe. They are the leading brand in their space and have a number of entities under the group in total which covers a whole range of services.
The key focus of the Financial Accounting Manager is to ensure the group statutory reporting duties are adhered to. You will report to the Manager - Shared Services, in turn you will manage a small team and be responsible for ensuring the half year and annual reports are produced in a timely manner and also coordinating the group audit. Some of the key tasks on a day to day basis are highlighted below:
- Full and half-year financial reports in accordance with IFRS.
- Co-ordinate the audit process for both internal and external parties.
- Financial statement preparation and lodgment.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets, forecasts, operational reviews and strategic reports.
- Work closely with the tax team to implement changes and improvements.
- Preparation of board packs and presenting to the executive team.
- The role is very hands on and you must be able to partner well with the operational teams internally.
- Ensure all compliance and governance is maintained and continually improved where possible.
- Ability to write technical accounting papers improving business opportunities.
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI essential
- Exposure to Pronto is useful but not essential.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a proven Financial Accounting Manager, ideally from a Mining and Energy services industry or at least have very transferable experience. It is important to have ASX exposure previously to ensure you have adequate governance and reporting exposure to lead the team and ensure successful results.
You must also be honest, reliable, and respectful and have a can do attitude. The environment has a family feel so it is important to get to know the business and the people working there. The business has operations around the world so it is important to be a strong communicator and flexible in your approach as you will be dealing with a whole range of internal and external stakeholders.
What's on Offer
This role offers a permanent Financial Accounting Manager position based in Perth for an ASX listed Mining and Energy Services business. The total package available is competitive and the opportunity to be part of the growth strategy planned for the next few years is a really exciting prospect. You will have responsibility for managing three team members and have the opportunity down the line to progress into the Manager - Shared Services role if successful in the role.