You are here
- Financial Controller - Immediate Start
- Competitive Salary Package
About Our Client
My client is a highly successful international manufacturer and wholesaler who are at the forefront of their Industry, in terms of both market presence and product innovation in this field. My client is one part of a much larger listed group who have aggressive growth plans in the Asia Pacific Area. They are looking a for an experienced Financial Controller who ideally can start on short notice.
The Financial Controller is a key member of the senior management team of the business. This role requires a hands-on, proactive individual with strong interpersonal and communications skills who will work with the management team to drive the business forward. This will entail ensuring compliance with accounting standards & statutory requirements and completing all required reporting in an accurate & timely manner. This is an excellent opportunity for a person to join a company that has rapidly expanded and is now consolidating before the next drive for expansion.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations of the company.
- Participate in the annual budgeting and strategic planning process.
- Assist the management team in implementing cost & profit improvement initiatives.
- Develop & implement accounting policies & procedures to improve processing efficiency.
- Prepare accurate & timely reports for submission to the Group Head Office.
- Preparation and production of monthly management accounts and reports within stringent deadlines.
- Co-ordinate the company's cash position including the collection of outstanding debtors.
- Ensure that all accounting activities occur within statutory guidelines and accounting standards.
- Liaise with the external auditors and manage the year end audit process including drafting statutory accounts.
- Provide direction & leadership to a small accounting team.
- Monitor the financial performance of the business against agreed budgets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong competency in these areas, be appropriately degree qualified and have CPA or CA qualifications. Prior experience within an Import / Distribution or Manufacturing industry within a head office environment and prior experience with AS400 will be highly advantageous. Good written and verbal communication skills will be paramount to your success in the role.
What's on Offer
- Immediate start within a market leading business with very well recognised brands.
- Competitive salary package
- Convenient Western Sydney location
- On-site Parking available