You are here
Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager
- Work for a global financial services broker
- Competitive Salary in a value add role
About Our Client
Interactive Brokers Australia Pty Ltd (IBA) is part of the Interactive Brokers Group (IBG), a global online financial services broker. IBA has been formed to carry on the Australian Customer business currently conducted by another group company, registered as a U.S. broker. IBG has been rated by Barron's at or near the top in its Online Broker rankings for many years. IBG serves more than 330 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 21 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world.
IBA is a subsidiary of the publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut, USA (NASDAQ: IBKR). IBKR's market capitalization is in excess of $15 billion. In addition to electronic brokerage services, the Group's market maker companies trade in equities and exchange-listed equity derivative products around the world. Interactive Brokers Group plays an important role in trading and brokerage worldwide; executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Group's options volume makes up approximately 7% of all listed equity options worldwide.
 Figures as of December 31, 2015. Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com
The Financial and Regulatory Reporting Manager role is a key position for IB Australia. You will have responsibility for accounting and financial analysis of the business, safeguarding client money, compliance with local regulatory rules and reporting to regulators and exchanges. Your key responsibilities include:
- Daily client money reconciliation and liquid capital computations
- All financial regulatory reporting
- Producing weekly P&L's and monthly reviews of the balance sheet
- Working closely with the regulators and tracking new regulatory rules and requirements
- Ad hoc analysis as required; particularly around revenue enhancements and potential cost savings for the business
The Successful Applicant
This position requires a highly organised professional and an analytical thinker with experience in complex environments, with:
- Five plus years of financial regulatory reporting experience in brokerage, banking or similar entity
- Professional accounting qualification from a recognised accounting body
- A demonstrated track record in implementing process improvements to streamline current operations
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle Financials (preferred)
- High attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
What's on Offer
This role presents an opportunity for a skilled and analytical professional to join a financial services broker with global reach. Located in the heart of the Sydney CBD, the role offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to drive and grow the business and exposure to key stakeholders and clients.