You are here
- Great opportunity with a well known organisation
- Fantastic opportunity for career progression
About Our Client
Our client is a well established FMCG company based in Melbourne's Northern suburbs who cater to some of Australia's biggest retailers. Specialising in powder blending, they have grown incredibly in size and profitability in recent years and have become a market leader. Currently undergoing significant growth in their business, they now have a requirement for a Food technologist to join their team.
The Food technologist will report directly into the NPD Manager and work both independently and with a small team. You will be broadly responsible for the development and manufacturing of innovative new powder products whilst providing specialist knowledge for the continuous improvement for existing products. Other responsibilities will include:
- To continuously develop and share knowledge with the existing colleagues and apprentices.
- Thorough researches into new ideas to identify innovative products and keep up to date with the latest nutritional powder trends in the market.
- Excel at recipe creation and can carry out practical demonstrations to a high level.
- High level of literacy; is able to produce excellent presentations that that sells the idea and engages stakeholders.
- Combines innovative and creative ideas in developing products with commercial understanding of what will be profitable to the business, the customer and the end user.
- Ability to take a new product through stage gate processes from initial client brief through to bench top trials and scale up to full batch production.
- Value adding to existing recipes and products.
- Will take lead in NPD Specialist Projects and co-ordinate with agreed timescales.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant must possess:
Appropriate food science qualification and relevant experience with blending.
Proven background working in New product development within the dairy industry is preferred.
Be passionate about the product, enthusiasm and drive
Good project management skills - manage multiple projects at a time.
Ability to demonstrate effective team work skills and work on ones own initiative.
What's on Offer
A fantastic opportunity to work with a growing business in a growing market is on offer. Based in their production site in North Melbourne, you will be working within a well established team who are looking to expand. There is an attractive package on offer for this fantastic chance for career progression and development within one of the growing nutritional powder businesses in Australia.