You are here
Front End Developer - Leading Online/Digital Business
- Want to work for one of Australia's best know brands?
- Want exposure to the latest and greatest technologies?
About Our Client
As a Front-End Developer, you will be part of our highly focused, mission-driven team delivering a range of solutions using emerging technologies as well facilitating ongoing enhancements to legacy software. You will play a key role in the architecture of solutions delivered to the business, and will be involved throughout all stages of the software development process, including consultation with stakeholders, design, coding, testing and post-implementation support and maintenance.
- Design and delivery effective technical solutions to meet the current and future needs of the business
- Passionate about your work & possess a zest for learning new technologies, languages and frameworks
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure productive relationships, conducive to driving effective outcomes
- Actively share knowledge and provide mentoring and guidance with other developers and non-technical colleagues
- Continually improve codebase/s, processes, and techniques
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or 3-4 years of experience as a Front-End Developer building & supporting web-based user or customer experience
- Minimum 5+ years commercial experience building & supporting web-based applications
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or 10 years work experience as a technology specialist
- Highly proficient with CSS pre-processors such as Less/Sass, & CSS frameworks (Bootstrap or Foundation)
- Highly proficient with responsive web development; cross-browser and device agnostic development.
- Experience in lean software development methodologies, including code review, TDD/BDD, pairing, and continuous integration
- Experience with other languages including but not limited to PHP, C#, NodeJS, Java, ASP.net etc
- Solid experience with git, git-flow (branching strategies) and it's supporting toolset (git CLI, SourceTree, SmartGit ) eg: not just commit + push
- Strong understanding of MVC
- Comfortable with *nix command line
- Experience in agile methodologies and its application to the development process
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst demonstrating solid leadership and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a gaming or wagering industry or demonstrates a passion for sports' industry.
What's on Offer