You are here
General Manager Major Projects & Property
- Broad organisational role - Business Case, Project Management and Property focus
- Part of the Senior leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading disability services providers across the eastern seaboard. Assisting people with a disability and their carers, our client is one of the most trusted providers in the disability services sector, enabling people with a disability to participate in their daily lives at home, at work and in the community. Government reform and the NDIS provide this Not-for-Profit sector and the people served huge opportunity, of which our client is very well positioned to succeed upon.
Reporting directly to the CEO and sitting on the Senior Leadership Team, the General Manager of Major Projects & Property has responsibility for the analysis and planning of organisational projects and development of property strategy and leading the property portfolio.
This broad role is uniquely positioned to provide scope for the individual across the whole organisation as it grows both organically and through amalgamations, as it seeks to increase efficiency's and consistencies across all its service streams and as it modernises to fundamentally provide the best quality and level of service to it's residents, clients and employees. The role includes the undertaking of special assignments and project work for the CEO, including internal and external business case analysis and reports, across operations and in particular developing an organisational Property strategy, and leading the Property team in its planning and implementation.
A significant focus of the role will be leading the Property Team in developing a property strategy, business plans and overseeing the organisation's diverse property portfolio; consisting of residential, commercial and office buildings. Property responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of strategy and business plans for the Property portfolio and affiliated community housing provider.
- Best Use Analysis of existing properties and assets.
- The development and implementation of the organisations support site master plan.
- The sourcing, acquisition, development and construction of future properties, including project management from Design to Construct to Move In stage.
- The management of condition audits, maintenance programs,meeting all legislative requirements.
- The evaluation and sourcing of a new Facilities Management software system.
- Specific project management and review mechanisms include financial analysis: Discounted Cash Flow, Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return evaluations while also assisting with property, industry and M&A evaluations.
In addition to the above, you will have the following senior leadership team responsibilities to:
- Lead and champion organisational best practice risk and compliance (both to internal and external requirements), quality assurance, policies and procedures, and safeguard strategies, processes and delivery of improvement objectives.
- Drive business activities involving evaluation and due diligence.
- Ensure effective processes for identifying, monitoring, reviewing and mitigating project and property risks.
- Proactive and timely delivery of quality, accurate, succinct and professional Board and Committee reports.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven individual with strong business, commercial and financial skills, as well as extensive project management, people management and change management experience. Ideally you will have gained these skills in the disability services, aged care, residential care, retirement living, housing & accommodation, community or commercial sectors. You have a genuine empathy for people with disability and a desire to contribute to improve the lives of people with disability, their families and carers.
Specifically, you will be a lateral thinker with expert business case evaluation and writing skills, excellent stakeholder and relationship management experience and exceptional skills in managing complex and varied projects. In addition, you will have previously had significant responsibility for Property Management and Development with the associated Project Management skills. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team you will require excellent communication, leadership, relationship building and management skills and will have strong financial and commercial acumen, while being innovative with high energy and enthusiasm. You will be degree qualified and will possess a current NSW driver's license.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to deliver services, outcomes and results will be rewarded with a progressive career with genuine ongoing future career opportunities. In addition you will receive a competitive salary package, a car or car allowance as well as any government benefits.