You are here
General Manager - Materials Science
- Critical position within a dynamic industry
- Role created due to company expansion and product diversification
About Our Client
A highly dynamic and fast paced FMCG manufacturing company is seeking a Materials Science Specialist with manufacturing experience. Using the most advanced technology they produce a premium grade product for some of Australia's best known brands. They are constantly innovating and expanding their product portfolio to meet clients' needs.
In this role you will be required to develop strategy and opportunities, dependent upon individual site requirements, quantify and prioritise projects. This role will be focused very much on a client facing perspective and will be required to engage with key stakeholders (plants, sales, marketing and legal) to establish a formal program. It is essential that this role provides effective and structured execution of projects with risk mitigation at the forefront of requirements. Weight optimisation is a key aspect of this role in terms of product and material development, in addition to providing general factory support as a secondary responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking an outstanding individual who is looking to advance their career with a market leading manufacturer. The successful candidate must hold a current Australian/New Zealand passport or full independent working rights to work in Australia.
Other key requirements include;
- Materials Science or Engineering Graduate, preferably Masters or PhD
- Wide experience in Plastics conversion technologies and processes
- Polymer science education preferable
- Extensive knowledge of plastic substitutes and bio based alternatives
- Respected by plant personnel and directors
- Ideally connected to academia (Universities) with expert knowledge
What's on Offer
This role is a genuine General Management role within a well-established, Australian-based market leader in the manufacturing/packaging industry. With multiple manufacturing sites across their Australian, New Zealand and Asia operations, this position will offer a dynamic candidate the genuine opportunity to have an effect on the organisations success. The company also offers transparent career growth opportunities along with an attractive remuneration offering.