You are here
General Manager - Newly Created Position
Newly created position
Hands on General Manager role
About Our Client
My client is a family owned and operated commercial building & maintenance that operate in the commercial property market. My client has worked hard over the last few decades as a building maintenance service provider working with a strong base of loyal and repeat clients within the facilities and building maintenance sector in the Western Sydney market. They have seen strong growth recently and they expect to double in size across the next 5-8 years. This is a newly created and hands on General Manager position supporting the Managing Director to help drive the growth of the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the newly created position of General Manager will be an integral part of achieving the doubling of revenue from circa $5M to $10M across the next 5-8 years. The General Manager will be responsible for driving business performance by increasing revenue growth through acquisition of new business development opportunities with either existing clients or new clients. The General Manager will also be responsible for the mentorship and development of existing staff as well as the recruitment of new staff as and when required. You will also be required to visit site monthly to get a detailed understanding of work being carried out. You will also to develop a very good understanding of business financials, including profit & loss, and have an ability to review and conduct detailed analysis on business trends.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful applicant will ideally have a carpentry or trades background, gained within a sub-$20M size business providing building services or facilities services within the commercial building sector.
- This is a hands-on role where you will need to have an ability and desire to be hands on with regards to driving business development initiatives. This will include driving further growth within existing clients as well as new clients by providing best in class customer service to all.
- You will also ideally have a good record of mentoring and managing staff in a similar trade's environment.
- Previous industry experience within carpentry, concrete repairs or other relevant trades experience would also be ideal.
What's on Offer
- This is an exciting newly created position where you can have an opportunity to have a significant input in driving business growth.
- Convenient Western Sydney location
- Competitive package on offer as well as a profit share bonus on top.
- Immediate start available