You are here
Google Apps for Work Technical Engineer
- Google Apps Specialist
- Minimum 2 years expereince
About Our Client
Our IT team provide enabling business technologies and information technology services that support Our client in meeting its overall strategic objectives. The success of our function is based on exceptional people committed to doing their best in collaborating with others, applying a commercial outlook and ensuring technology makes a difference to the way we work.
The Online Collaborations team is responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the IT operational environment, specifically in the areas of collaboration technologies, which includes Google Apps product suite. With a strategic focus the team is responsible for driving innovation, adoption and the timely resolution of incidents and service requests to agreed SLA's.
Responsibilities: * Diagnose and resolve complex problems for the Google Apps product suite in a third tier support function * Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology, architecture and implementation, build and transfer knowledge to Tier 1 and 2 support groups * Guide or perform design, development and implementation of new support, productivity or investigation tools to increase efficiency for the technical support process and end-users products * Act as a consultant and knowledge base for the firm's users, Solution Architects, Service Delivery Managers and Development teams, improving the firm's' use of Google apps * Work closely with Global teams, Google Apps Guru's, training team, product management and software engineering teams on understanding ways to improve the firm's use of Google Apps to drive exceptional testing quality
* BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering, or systems engineering.
The Successful Applicant
* Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Internet-based applications, web servers, mail servers.
* Experience with Identity Management or Directory Services (LDAP, AD).
* Strong network administration and troubleshooting skills.
* Strong understanding of Web and Mail-related standards, such as HTTP, HTML, XML, cookie-based SSO, and SMTP.
* Experience with managing hosted services/SaaS.
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
* Outstanding troubleshooting, follow-through and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to keep pace with rapid changes in enterprise products.
What's on Offer
The offer of our client:
Our client is one of Australia's leading professional services firms, bringing the power of our global network of firms in 157 countries to help Australian businesses, not-for-profit organisations and governments assess their performance and improve the way they work.
Our clients Australia experience will offer you the opportunity to work with the best people and technology, flexible working arrangements and activity based working, a diverse work place and embedded cultural values in everything we do. We offer reward and recognition for your efforts so you can realise your potential through coaching and career development.