You are here
Group Financial Controller
- Work closely with the senior leadership team
- Take full responsibility as the head of finance for the organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a highly successful and growing organisation operating in one of the fastest growing industry sectors in the Australia. The business culture is built around their core values of leadership, communication and customer care. The organisation has a diverse range of operations across Hospitality & Leisure, Aged Care & Property.
In this organisation the Group Financial Controller is the head of the finance department and reports directly to the Executive Team.
The key focus of this role is to oversee the finance function and to ensure delivery of both timely and accurate reporting & analysis. You will manage the accounting team, business analytics team and the procurement function. This role will also provide strategic support to the business on investment decisions and IT systems among other commercial opportunities. In addition to this you will be responsible for:
- Finance team leadership; 4 direct reports & 6 indirect
- Governance and Compliance
- Management of all financial processes and systems
- Delivery of financial and statutory reporting
- Preparation of Budgeting and Forecasting
- Risk management
- Cash flow and strategic investment management
- Category management and purchasing solutions
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly competent Financial Controller, comfortable with all core technical aspects of accounting. Reporting to the Executive you can be relied upon to autonomously deliver accurate and timely financial reporting and results as well as support the business's commercial strategy and growth targets with detailed analysis and recommendations.
You must have excellent communication and presentation skills. You will be comfortable presenting a key message to senior executives and to the board.
You will be calm and collected under pressure and comfortable speaking out to make your case when appropriate.
You are a natural team builder, someone who can train, mentor and motivate
What's on Offer
- Career progression opportunities
- Autonomous role
- Strategic business partner
- Growing organisation
- Full accountability for a finance function
- Opportunity to work closely with the executive team and board of directors