You are here
Head of Fundraising
- Lead/inspire a high potential fundraising team
- Internationally recognised charity
About Our Client
As one of over 30 global member organisations that form part of the Save the Children Association, all of our international members share a global vision and strategy for creating better lives for children worldwide. We work hard to protect children from harm and help them access quality education and health services.
In Australia we have more than 90 years of dedicated experience working with children and are at the forefront of improving (and in a number of instances saving) children's lives. Whether it be when disasters strike, or in cases of ongoing struggles we create lasting change for children and their families through our long-term development programs. Thanks to the generosity of more than 120,000 Australians each year we have meaningful life-changing programs in every state including the Northern Territory.
Based from our Australian head office located in Melbourne, we are looking for a dedicated, experienced and strategically focused fundraising leader who can continue the great work our organisation does to engage with those Australians who continue to give us their support. In addition, help us take the message of what Save the Children does all across the globe to new people who are striving for a cause to get involved in.
As the Head of Fundraising you will report directly to the Director of Fundraising and Partnerships. The primary responsibilities of the opportunity focuses on driving the continued development of the mass fundraising market from a strategic and day-to-day operational perspective. This will include supporter/donor acquisition, growth and retention across a range of consumer channels such as Direct TV response, face to face, direct mail, telemarketing and digital platforms. The objective is to optimise marketing return on investment and increase lifetime value of supporters.
For the right person, the role will enable you to make your mark and take ownership of the mass fundraising effort within the local and global STC network. You will be given the opportunity to truly innovate across products and channels to ensure that STC continues to deliver relevant programs to both donors and children alike.
In addition to above, you will also have responsibility for but not limited to the following:
- Drive organisational transformation and change specific to the fundraising effort
- Drive optimisation of the support journey to deliver a more engaging experience and increase lifetime value
- Strategy develop to meet mass market financial targets
- Lead, inspire and coach a large team
- Instil a customer centric and data driven culture
The Successful Applicant
First and foremost you will be an inspirational leader who has a proven ability to coach and develop those around them. We are looking for someone who is collaborative, has strong personal drive and is passionate about delivering successful outcomes. You will need to have a strong aptitude for numbers and have proven commercial acumen. As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate extensive marketing experience within fundraising and/or customer focused environments.
Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to articulate and understand the various channels appropriate for fundraising initiatives (Direct response, ATL/BTL/TTL, Digital)
- Proven ability to 'own' a budget to meet the needs of the appropriate channels
- Exposure to developing new product offerings (specific to mass fundraising who be beneficial)
- Lead cross functional teams relating to product development
- Strategic awareness to exam and potentially re-define marker segmentation relating to partners/donations
- Agile mind-set specific to process mapping and process management
- Passion for the not-for-profit sector is essential (existing experience within NFP highly desirable)
What's on Offer
We are a global leader within the Charity/NGO space and as such the opportunity to impact on millions of children's lives is immediately available to the successful candidate. In addition, we are offering a highly attractive base salary package and with an inner Melbourne office location we are easy to get to and from. Finally, the opportunity to really impact on change for the right candidate is ready and waiting.