You are here
Head of Industry Development
- Exciting newly created senior leadership position
- Competitive Package on Offer
About Our Client
My client is a very highly regarded Not for Profit who are at the forefront of driving industry best practice and innovation across the property sector. This is a newly created senior leadership position, allowing you to leverage off your extensive property industry contacts to drive business growth opportunities. My client is located in a central Sydney CBD location and also has a fantastic culture.
As the Head of Industry Development reporting to the CEO, you will deliver effective business development strategies such as events, training & development courses and also sponsorship initiatives. You will also proactively identify new business opportunities and drive new initiatives in this area.
Other key responsibilities will include the following:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the group, specifically by developing a commercial plan for professional development and events to ensure the business unit supports the overarching strategic plan, the strategic targets of other teams, engages the market around in order to deliver on the future potential growth of the organisation.
- Identify and develop new relationships and build upon existing relationships that will support the delivery of business requirements including board and executive level representation across both member and non- member organisations.
- Develop the function into a commercial business unit, servicing members while growing revenue. Develop budgets and financial targets.
- Build positive and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders including the Board, committee members, members, potential members, and industry decision-makers, and public interest groups.
- Develop and implement a commercial Professional Development and Events Strategy. Ensure the ongoing delivery of courses and events aligned with business objectives, increasing member demand and growing revenue.
- Provide strong and effective leadership to the Industry Development team to deliver against strategic targets, through clear direction, delegation and empowering of team members
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Extensive senior management experience within corporate real estate industry, including the implementation and management of Events and Professional Development Programs.
- Can analyse organisational strengths and weaknesses and then combine these with knowledge of the industry, market and organisation to develop long-term strategy.
- Has a commercial business focus. Understands customer needs and is able to develop commercial solutions to satisfy these. You will also have a high level commercial acumen, including awareness of external market conditions.
- Experience leading and managing a team providing support to an evolving organisation
- Strong property industry network
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A 'customer' focus with all stakeholders (internal & external)
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent consultancy and presentation skills
What's on Offer
- Executive level position working with a highly regarded Not for Profit organisation where you can make an impact leveraging off your extensive property industry experience and networks.
- Competitive salary package
- Convenient CBD Location