You are here
In-House Legal Counsel - Banking & Finance
- rare oppurtunities in banking & finance
- great way to transition into in-house
About Our Client
Our clients rank among Australia's best domestic banking & finance institutions and include some of the worlds foremost organisations in the space. Whether it is a career in retail/institutional banking, markets, insurance, or with Australian regulators, we can help you get your start with the right organisation.
The roles are at varying levels with different reporting lines. Duties will involve a variety of legal work as may arise pursuant to our clients business activities. Solid experience in retail or institutional banking is preferred, as is a thorough knowledge of the relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks within which banking & financial institution operate within Australia and overseas.
Duties will vary but may include:
- Advising the business on a variety of legal matters;
- Legal review for adherence to legislation/regulatory mechanisms;
- Providing a legal point of contact for internal teams; and
- Managing commercial expectations.
Of utmost importance will be you ability to provide succinct advice to complex issues and manage competing stakeholder relationships. In-house lawyers with a proven commercial nous are encouraged to apply.
The roles include short/fixed term contracts as well as permanent and represent a highly desirable opportunity for a motivated lawyers to get excellent in-house experience in a continually growing industry.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicants will:-
- hold a current New South Wales Practising Certificate;
- have 4-7 years PAE with experience in a reputable law firm or financial institution institution;
- possess a thorough knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks;
- be able to provide commercially viable but legally sound advice; and
- be a confident communicator with well developed written and oral skills.
The successful applicants will thrive in fast paced, high pressure situations. The ability to quickly understand complex legal issues and provide effective solutions in a timely manner is of utmost importance. Successful applicants will also be committed to contributing meaningfully in a team environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary in a thriving CBD location.
Our clients offer unique opportunities for driven lawyers with banking & finance experience to get a taste of the in-house legal world. As employers of choice, our clients will provide successful applicants a great way to transition to in-house practice or to more effectively be noticed in the banking & finance sector.