You are here
Power Generation Business
About Our Client
TransAlta operates geothermal, wind, hydro, natural gas and coal power generation facilities. The company has been recognized for its leadership on sustainability by the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index, the FTSE4Good Index and the Jantzi Social Index. TransAlta is Canada's largest investor-owned renewable energy provider.
Their flagship Australian operation is the South Hedland Power Station. South Hedland is a 150 MW Gas and Diesel Power Station and is currently being constructed with operation scheduled for mid-2017. To support the development of this asset, exciting career opportunities have been created.
This newly created position will provide Human Resource services to the Australian business units. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing a business plan designed to support the workforce culture and people strategy within Australia. Responsibilities will include;
- Managing full Human Resources function at a strategic, operational and transactional level;
- Providing ongoing development and improvement of Human Resources systems and processes to enable a productive and high performing team;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Identifying people strategy needs within the Australian business units to build organisational capability including recruitment, performance management, goal setting, development and succession planning;
- Lead and communicate change management and employee engagement plans.
The Successful Applicant
- Will be degree qualified in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related studies;
- Previous experience will come from Power, Construction or Resources industry and experience with site based operations is a must;
- You will be confident handling EBA negotiations as well as experienced dealing with unions and managing site based industrial issues;
- A team orientated approach with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and liaise with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
What's on Offer
- Newly created role
- Global business committed to expanding their energy portfolio in Australia
- CBD location
- Competitive remuneration